Red Light also known as Photonic Therapy, is an advanced form of acupuncture using light instead of needles. It is a safe, natural, non-invasive way to promote healing and control pain. This therapy has been proven to help animals as well as people. This product emits a specialized 660nm red light which can be applied directly to the skin. This technology has been studied for over 40 years and produces fast relief and healing with minimal, if any, side effects.
Photonic therapy works because the body's tissue can absorb this type of light at a cellular level, converting it to cellular energy (known as ATP). Many studies have shown that this energy accelerates activity in the mitochondria (the part of the cell that generates protein, collagen, and healing materials), as well as improving blood flow in the area being treated, speeding healing and minimizing pain.
Red and near-infrared light can penetrate tissue because they are not blocked by blood or water as much as other wavelengths. This wavelength is used in medical settings for burn treatment, wound healing, joint and muscle pain, sports injuries, etc.
The brain receives signals to release endorphins (natural pain killers) and serotonin into the body. This chain reaction:
- Reduces pain and swelling
- Increases lymphatic activity
- Strengthens the immune system
- Accelerates cell regeneration
- Increases circulation
- Relaxes muscles
- Increases anti-viral properties
- Encourages collagen production
- Regulates serotonin levels
Blue Light Therapy
Blue Light is commonly used to treat skin conditions, especially acne, but is also used any time there is extra heat in the body that needs to be removed. We like to say it is like having "Ice in a Light!" The blue light can calm the area that has too much activity such as a fresh sprain or anytime you feel excess heat, apply the blue light.
Blue light is highly effective on bacteria and fungus and can be applied topically at anytime. Issues such as Scratches, Rain Rot and Ringworm all respond well to the blue light. Any time there is a chance of infection, such as an open wound, apply the blue light first.
Since LED treatment doesn't emit harmful radiation or heat, it's 100% safe. This is different from laser treatment, which damages your skin. Furthermore, with LED treatment, there's no downtime like there is with laser treatment.
- 100% natural and non-invasive
- Drug-free with no adverse side effects short or long term
- Safe for all ages and safe for daily use
- Painless easily self-administered in your own home
- No down-time does not stop working over time
- May be effective against antibiotic resistant strains of acne causing bacteria
- Decreases inflammation (redness and swelling)
- Speeds skin healing
- Reduces acne clearing time
- Facilitates healing without scarring
- Helps heal pre-existing acne scars over time
Blue light therapy has been used to effectively treat skin disorders such as Rosacea, acne, sun damage, oily skin, wrinkles, psoriasis, skin cancer and enlarged sebaceous glands.
What to expect after treatment:
The lights will continue to work up to 48 hours. Be sure to offer plenty of fresh water.
Light sessions may surface older chronic issues. Sometimes this creates appearance of worse before better. This is normal and not to be concerning.